•Verizon-Cellular Plus in Loveland will give away free backpacks filled with school supplies from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 30. No purchase is necessary to receive a backpack, but a child must be present with an adult to claim a free backpack; which will be distributed while supplies last at the two Cellular Plus locations in Loveland: 125 W. 65th St. and 1420 W. Eisenhower Blvd.
•Banner Health has been recognized as having one of the world’s 10 best employee intranets by user experience research firm Nielsen Norman Group.
•Trumark Homes has announced that sales have opened for two neighborhoods — Sugar Hills and Festival — within RainDance National, a master-planned community in Windsor. The development includes the RainDance National Golf Club, designed by PGA Tour Champion Fred Funk, an 8,400-yard, 18-hole golf course.
• Warehouse Business Accelerator Tours of the Innovation Hub at the Forge Campus, 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 27, 815 14th St. SW, Suite C250, Loveland. Learn about the nonprofit accelerator’s community-led vision for building opportunity and economic vitality in Northern Colorado through its support for the next generations of technology and manufacturing businesses. Contact Christina Eccleston at 970-541-0991 or Christina.email@example.com, or visit warehouseinnovation.com.
• Rooftop Social, 5-10 p.m., Friday, July 22, Desk Chair Workspace, 201 E. Fourth St., Loveland. With a DJ and visiting on the rooftop. $5. Tickets are for two-hour time slots. Website: bit.ly/3sIQaa1.
• July 30: Shop Local Saturdays are held in downtown Loveland at 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on the last Saturday of the month, offering sales, promotions and free gifts with purchase at participating stores. Website: downtownloveland.org.
Send us your business news
The Reporter-Herald strives to include newsworthy business briefs for its readers each Sunday. The focus of business briefs is on Northern Colorado businesses, not business promotions.
The items we consider for briefs include:
• New businesses.
• Business relocations.
• Business closings.
• New contracts.
• Anniversaries (divisible by five).
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• New owners, employees or promotions of employees.
• Manufacture of new products.
• Business organization meetings, workshops, seminars or classes meant for networking or education.
• Open houses related to newsworthy events (new business, anniversary, new owners, renovations, new management, etc.).
• Awards or other recognition.
• Donations to charities.
Press releases are welcome. The Reporter-Herald reserves the right to edit information submitted for publication. Pictures of individuals involved in the event are welcome, but publication is not guaranteed.
Information is due by noon Wednesday for publication in the following Sunday’s business section. Information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact the Reporter-Herald newsroom, 970-635-3636, email@example.com.