Kim Kardashian and her famous family are back on the guest list!!
Earlier this month, Perezcious readers will recall how we reported on Anna Wintour allegedly “cracking down” on the Met Gala guest list for 2023. In that apparent pruning of the much-anticipated fashion show’s invites, the Vogue editor-in-chief was said to have banished Kim, Kris Jenner, and the rest of the KarJenner fam from the red carpet. Which was big news!!!
But whether or not that was ever really true, there’s a new update now. As of Monday, it sounds as though the Keeping Up With The Kardashians alum and the rest of her famous fam might be back on the good side and back on the Met Gala invite list. We think? Maybe?!
According to the US Sun, the KarJenner fam “will be attending” the much-anticipated fashion event this spring. So, check that off your list. Seems like a pretty definitive statement! But, uh, maybe it’s not 100% set in stone? The outlet also simultaneously reports the 42-year-old reality TV mega-star and her über-famous sisters and momager “could still make an appearance” at the show. So, which is it — “will be attending” or “could still make an appearance”?!
The news org explained that Vogue itself refused to comment on the guest list in any capacity. However, the outlet’s quoted insider had this to say about the invitation issue:
“Anna had wanted to do a cull of the guest list this year and make it more of an exclusive event. And while lots of names were discussed, attendees have always been an ongoing conversation and nothing was ever set in stone. Kim was never told she might not be on the list.”
Our heads are spinning! Kim was “never told she might not be on the list.” Ooookay!
But it sounds like the SKKN By Kim boss really did get an official ask to show up to the event in the end! Formal invitations have been sent out by now — including one to her home in Calabasas:
“While invites have now officially been sent out and Kim has been confirmed, the news leak about her possibly not getting an invite did see tensions run high behind the scenes in what has been a big misunderstanding.”
Never not in doubt…!
Now, that source also did reveal Kim was “left very unhappy” with the initial leak that she’d been snubbed from the event. Apparently, relationships between her and staffers at Condé Nast — which owns Vogue and other publications — have been “strained” as the media conglomerate’s employees try to “smooth things over.”
The insider added:
“It’s been embarrassing for everyone involved but Kim is still excited and has already been working with a top fashion house to design a custom look for the night.”
Well we can’t wait to see that!!!
A second source doubled down, too. They confirmed the SKIMS mogul has “been on the list since the fall.” Plus, the second insider asserts all the rest of the KarJenner women have been invited, too, “although it is not yet confirmed who will attend.” Guess we should be on the lookout for Kourtney and Khloé, along with Kendall and Kylie Jenner!
This year’s event theme promises to be a good one, too. Honoring the late, great Karl Lagerfeld, it is officially “Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty.”
TBH, the whole invitation controversy seems kind of crazy to us. We know reality TV vet Kim is a bit of an outsider in the high fashion world. But she has literally stolen the show at multiple Met Gala red carpets!
Remember the Marilyn Monroe dress, y’all? Who could forget?? Like, seriously!! Or maybe it was that controversy that made them question it to begin with… hmmm…
What do U make of this Met Gala mix-up, Perezcious readers??
Sound OFF with your take down in the comments (below)…